Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 paperwork
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jane.m

230 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  09:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

If you have been on a dmp for a year will they require bank statements etc for the year before you started your dmp or will they be happy for just the last 12 months.

Many thanks

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  09:43:28  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

They would be happy with the last 12 months unless there are issues they want to investigate further. But they can get these themselves if necessary.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

jane.m

230 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  09:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Thanks for your quick reply but the statements will be from the new bank account we opened not the bank that we have the debt with as they have now closed that down. Also from the bank statements thay will see that our expenditure prior to this was more than out incomings that is why we went on a dmp I am assuming that they will then want to delve back further with the possibility of a bro for living beyond our means. We have not taken out any further credit for at least the last 3 years but have been using the credit we already had ie credit cards.

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

sueann

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  11:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in a DMP for 4 years before BR, they asked for 12 months bank statements from both my old and new bank accounts and also a copy of my Creditor Summary Report which is done by the company you did your DMP through showing how much you paid to each creditor whilist on DMP. That's all they asked for.
Go to Top of Page

jane.m

230 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  12:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Sueasan

Thanks again for your reply could they still try and get a bro/bru on you even after all that time as we were just using the overdraft facilities in our bank to maintain payments to creditors not taking any further credit. If you don't mind me asking where the debt collection agencies reasonable with you or where they quite aggresive. I admire you sticking to the dmp for the ammount of time you did did you decide to go br so you could get a life and do you regret not doing it sooner.

Many thanks it is nice to be able too talk too people who are or have been in the same situation as yourself as any advice you can give in invaluable.
Go to Top of Page

sueann

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2008 :  13:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My phone kept ringing constantly for months but as I have caller ID I just answered the calls I recognised when I got a letter I just rang them and said 'you have already been informed' but yes some still chased but I didnt let it get to me as not much they can do when you go BR.

Whilist I was on the DMP I was living off my overdraft and using a further credit card I obtained but the OR said I would be subject to IPA plus I stopped using all my accounts 3 months before BR. I stressed to the OR that I never used credit to pay credit it was a fact that once I paid everything out to creditors and living expenses I had nothing to live on and that's why I lived on the overdraft etc. he was quite understanding with that.

No one was agressive with me infact some where quite understanding, Captial One was the biggest pain in the A*** and they were my smallest creditor.

Yes I regret no going BR sooner it would all be over now.

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page