Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 iwant to become bankrupt and i have no money
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smd
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2008 :  12:21:03  Show Profile  Visit smd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
iwant to become bankrupt and i have no money

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2008 :  12:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi smd, and welcome to this site

I think in the first instance that you should phone the free helpline for advice. We need a bit more info before anyone can comment.

Home circumstances, level of debt, job or benefits, single or couple etc. these all come into play.

Please phone the helpline or post more info.
Thanks and take care
Tracy XX
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2008 :  13:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi smd and welcome

In my blog there are some ideas on how you may be able to get hold of the fee in order to go BR, but can you help me out a little, what sort of figures are we looking at. Have you been in any DMP or IVA with regards to your debts.

Are you able to give the helpline a call, they may be able to go over your options for you as BR may not be the only one.

That number is 0800 078 9367

Best of luck

Take Care

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriends Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

siobhan

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2008 :  23:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, we stopped paying debt payments for one month which enabled us to gather the money for bankrupcy fees. you may get reductions depending on your circmstances eg. on benefits.
Good Luck
S x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2008 :  09:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SMD

If BR is your only option then as Siobhan has said it is possible to stop paying your creditors and save the monies that way.

You will need to contact your local court and find out what there procedure is with regards to the BR hearing, the reason i say that is because some courts you turn up on the day and others like the one i went to i had to call and book an appt.

Also you will need to find out if you can get the £150 court fee removed as when your income is low or your on certain benefits that part can be waivered, again i have some of that info on my blog but you must also call your local court.

You would only pay at full price if you did noy get any help a max of £495 on the day of your hearing.

If you do feel that BR is your only option and i do want to ask you to give someone a call, our helpline number is free and then you can see if that is the only thing available to you or whether there is anything else that can be done ie DMP or IVA.

Our number is 0800 078 9367 do leave a name and a contact number and someone will get back to you, they never forget.

I hope this is starting to be of some use, i just wish i could help you more. Get the phone, make the call and maybe things will look better then and become clearer.:-)

Best of luck

Jo

x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriends Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page