Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 postings from 2007
 missing topic?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yonky
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  15:28:12  Show Profile
just wondering what sort of forum this is when a perfectly valid and open topic is simply deleted. there was no offensive remarks or swearing in any of the posts just people's honest and valuable opinions. i think someone somewhere should take a good hard look at what has happened to this site in recent weeks. prehaps the name "experts" should be rephrased in some way it is obviously leading people to believe they truly are! i wonder how long it will take for this topic to be deleted?

y

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  15:57:44  Show Profile
Thank you again for your comments. This site has been set up to answer questions and queries with regards to Br and all help is given free.

If you are maybe having a little dig at the experts and i am not sure here but that they may be aimed at me for not being an expert then i am sorry. I post in my own time and for free. I give advice to my own knowledge and experience and i dont claim to know anymore than i answer too.

With comments that had been made about me being rude in the original post that has now being deleted then yes i do take offence, i dont wish to be rude, if that is how people view me then i may as well not bother and i will by all means leave the site, i only had intentions of helping people, i have never meant to come across as something i am not but wanted to be that arm of support when needed.

Sorry if i have ever offended anyone with my posts, i will speak with admin and see what state of play is.

Again Sorry

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

jwmc77

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:22:57  Show Profile
for the short time i have posting on here, i have not once experienced anything but helpful advice...if thats what your after then there is no way that your post would have been deleted....i cant even imagine what you must have posted for that to have happened!! as needafriend said, most people on here are doing so in thier own time and of thier own free will...YOU my friend are taking up valuable space in this site which is in place for people who really do need advice.....and as i have said, after replys ive had and reading other peoples, everyones responses have been nothing but helpful.... i suggest you post elsewhere!!!

MAC
Go to Top of Page

kazy1

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:24:20  Show Profile
DON'T YOU DARE GO JO

Your advice has beem invaluble some and others please do not be swayed by one person.
It is people like you that can answer questions and steer people through Br as we are all ordinary people here trying to see a way out and i do know that if YOU can't help you always say your not sure and someone will be along later.
I have never known you to be rude even to me when we chat, IF anything you come across as caring person, and without you this site wouldn't be the same (sorry to the other experts but you get my drift)
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:26:09  Show Profile
Hi all

short and sweet - debate is a very healthy thing and if any members should like to call the helpline and ask for me personally I would welcome members views as well as air my own.

The forum however is not the place because the written word can be all to easily misinterpreted.
I know I've raised the issue twice before Ashen Light's post and it didn't work out then either.

Let's all continue to help as many of the members as we can. I hope anyone that has today suggested that they may stop posting will reconsider.
Take care all.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

kazy1

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:26:41  Show Profile
Stae of play Jo is your FANTASTIC
Go to Top of Page

jwmc77

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:32:38  Show Profile
ok....now im really curious as to what he said.....

MAC
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:33:03  Show Profile
hi Kazy, Mac & John

I am very thankful for your replies that has touched me and i want to say that i wont be beaten down by such nosense again, but as John says the topic tht was deleted is not really something that can be shared on here for misinterpretations are to be expected.

I am like you all and have earnt my status by going through BR and i am still am. I am only human as you all are and feel that as my name suggests that in your time of need you will always "NEEDAFRIEND" and i am that friend.

I dont work for any companies i am a Mum of 3 and right now i offer my time to you all for free andgive advice how i see it and i try not to give wrong or misleading info as we all need to know the truth and have that support.

This forum is for support and to make friends and if its ok with you guys i would like to continue and i do sincerely hope that i am never rude to any of you.

Thanks for listening

Your friend

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Go to Top of Page

yonky
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:38:02  Show Profile
he is a she MAC and i didn't actually say anything to needafriend thankyou. there were postings by several 'members' on there. all saying the same thing. if only you could see that topic now. very strange it went!
Go to Top of Page

kazy1

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:45:59  Show Profile
Needafriend, not sure where abouts in this "sunny island" you are but your always close

Kazy1XXXXXXXX
Go to Top of Page

jwmc77

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:48:59  Show Profile
as i said, i havent been able to read the posts so if ive taken this post out of context then i apologise...just wondering what was said as its also very strange for a post to be deleted.

MAC
Go to Top of Page

jwmc77

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:53:06  Show Profile
.....just as you have taken needafriend out of context, it is VERY unlikely that she would be cheeky.

MAC
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  16:55:24  Show Profile
Hi Mac & Yonky

The post has gone now and that should be the end of it. I defended myself that was all but as John and I have both said the topic if which was being discussed should have been done in another way.

As we all know that words can sometimes come across in different ways to different readers and i think this is what happened earlier, their was a remark made at me by another poster on that thread and that was the one i took offence too, but as i have said i dont pretend to something i am not.

I also never intend to come across as being Rude which was mentioned on there and the fact that i only answered things that i wanted to go my way and refered to me as not liking things when they dont, yes that hurt but thats the past now and the user is a new one and not the person who has started this thread now.

Thanks for the defence guys. Lets put it in the past. :-)

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

Go to Top of Page

useful
Starting Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  17:10:51  Show Profile
I dont think we need to chew on things here as we all have problems, and the help ive had from this site, has kept me sane when i was desperate enough to think of suicide. I found the original post somewhat politely pompous (middle class white male states opinion sort of thing) and its no wonder fur was rubbed the wrong way. Anybody who didnt read it isnt missing anything - ive forgotten it already, so please dont stop posting jo, you've been a friend when i felt i had no one to turn to
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  17:29:39  Show Profile
Thanks Guys and Gals

It is also because of you that i keep going.

"From deep in my heart I am saying Thank you very much, you are all my friends and we all need those."

I wont be going anywhere, i am here to stay, like it or lump it, i feel i have a job to do and im gonna do it and do it well and that job is to be there for you all.

:-)

Jo

Your Forum Moderator

x

Go to Top of Page

debtrider

494 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2008 :  18:58:04  Show Profile
Keep the good work up Needafriend.

Debtrider
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly