Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 IPA-Allowances
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nicola.j

United Kingdom
267 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  12:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

Just thought I would let everyone know finally heard form OR re IPA.Pretty much everything agreed apart from housekeeping which they allowed £170.00 and clothing £40.00.I have come out with an IPA of £327 which I was pretty much expecting .

Also just seen my property on the internet.On sale for 139,950 which is pretty mush 40k less than I thought.

Nicki
x

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  13:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nicola

How many people is your housekeeping and clothing for? I am doing my SA and am not sure how much to put. We are a family of 4.

Kind regards,

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

Nicola.j

United Kingdom
267 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  13:54:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its just one person.

Nicki
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  14:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda

for a family of 4 £550 is about right for the housekeeping although the OR may try and trim that slightly. £120 for clothing should be ok.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367

Edited by - John on 22 November 2008 14:02:11
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  15:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was allowed £350 for 2 people, and £40 clothing allowance just for me.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  16:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skippy

Just out of curiosity, when do you actually know if all your allowances have been allowed. I went BR 13 october, had phone interview on 21 oct but not had anything through about allowances at all.....does this mean its all ok ??

As you know they didnt elaborate at all to me.

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  17:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I had my phone interview I was told that I would have an IPA of £115 a month, which meant that all my allowances had been accepted. I got a letter a couple of days later confirming I would be paying an IPA of £186 a month as they had disallowed a couple of things.

Are you expecting to have an IPA? I'm not sure what happens if you're not getting one, whether they would write to you to confirm your allowances or not.

Sorry I've not been a lot of help!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Shylock

199 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  18:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told during my phone interview how much i could have for each and what my ipa was for it was then confirmed in writing abot a week later

In The Beginning There Was Nothing, Then God Said "Let There Be Light", And There Was Still Nothing But Now Everyone Could See It.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  18:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I was not told at the time of my interview if my allowances had been accepted, i was told that i may get an IPA but because the examiner did not have my OH's new wage slips showing a drop in income they could not tell me either way.

I did however call them a few weeks later about my cheished plate and asked her then and she confirmed that i would not get an IPA only the NT code one and also could not give me a breakdown of what i was allowed. She did say that my DLA and CB was not included and the outgoings exceeded the incomings so no IPA for us.

It may be worth giving them a call if you are worried or want to know anymore otherwise just leave it and wait for them to contact you.

Take care

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!

Edited by - Needafriend on 22 November 2008 18:59:45
Go to Top of Page

zamfir

303 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  19:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My examiner told me that all my figures were well within the limits, and could've put more if required (single guy, living with parents).

I=£748
E=£716

No IPA

I put £50 for clothing and £60 for housekeeping.

Edited by - zamfir on 22 November 2008 19:02:16
Go to Top of Page

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  19:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have out £580 for housekeeping and £120 for clothing so am not too far out with what you have said John. Just have to wait and see what will be accepted.
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2008 :  20:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not expecting an IPA as its all hubby's money anyway that pays the bills and he only puts in what is needed to cover them. Only other money i get is CB.....I may just sit back and wait then. Im sure they will tell me if they dis-allow anything. I wouldnt even know what to say to them if i phoned.

I'm sorry to barge in on this thread, but im grateful for the advice.

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2008 :  14:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a bit concerned that people might be getting IPA's which they could have avoided. I hope everyone checks the Insolvency Service Household Expenditure Spreadsheet (see link)

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/DocumentLibrary/Policy/Excel/Household%20Expenditur.xls

to make sure they are claiming everything they can claim. There is a lot about this on the forum these days.
Go to Top of Page

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2008 :  14:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
skippy,

they would not say anything unless they were thinking of an ipa. in BR no news is good news.
Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2008 :  15:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to just join and butt in,(I do post on the IVA forum and have been reading this forum for ages) I REALLY wish I could have had a look at that list of expenses when I went bankrupt We had a right battle with our OR as we had £20 surplus and he was adamant that he wanted an IPA of £52 per month! At the beginning, we were told we would not have an IPA, then the OR rang a few days later and said he wanted one. We fought it and he did eventually drop it in the end. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 teenagers and he cut the food budget from £550 to £450, he cut the clothing allowance from £100 to £80. No allowance for holidays, xmas, birthdays, contingency. We fought them on the grounds that they disallowed optician costs and house contents insurance and so were going against their own guidelines and we refused to sign the IPA agreement, I was terrified we would have to go to court but they dropped it in the end and we both got early discharge! That was the worst and most stressful part of our bankruptcy!

Also for info, I too had a private number plate, I put its value down as £400 and I said I had a family member who was willing to buy it, but that they changed their mind and I resigned myself to the fact that I would lose it, but in the end, I got a letter exempting it!! It was not worth the OR taking it and selling it, RESULT! hehehe

That was the only letter we got exempting anything, like has been said before, if you don't hear from your OR, keep quiet, it normally means good news!
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2008 :  15:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jane

And welcome to the Bankruptcy site.

I do hope that you will stick around and help out as you also have the been there done that knowledge which is very helpfull.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page