Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OR interviews tomorrow 12pm!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

turborat

289 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  13:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting to get nervous about tomorrow, as don't know what to expect from the call and what kind of questions will be asked!!

My wife will be called at home but I will be at work so won't be able to concentrate much untill it's done. Hopefully my wife won't get asked much as I have suggested that I deal with all of the mony matters due to her mental illness.

I know I have asked before but is there anything I should prepare this evening to help with the call tomorrow, last minute nerves againbut hopefully come tomorrow evening all will be sorted and we can finally start looking forward to xmas!!!

Again any advice really appreciated!!!!

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  14:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck for tomorrow.

One important thing is that your wife and yourself are in synch and saying the same things in your interviews. Your petitions should say similar things about any joint creditors. One tip is that the examiner will almost certainly go through your petition line by line, section by section. Hope you've got a copy of it. You should find that he/she is matter of fact about the whole thing, not rude or judgmental. Hopefully they will be quite understanding of your situation and if you come across as humble like I did this should help. You probably are feeling pretty humble by now - i know i was! Remember that BR is your civil right and you are not a criminal. One more thing is that if you do forget anything or need to clarify anything later it is perfectly alright to contact the OR with updates. i sent in a few letters here and there and made a few phone calls too.
Go to Top of Page

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  14:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should be able to anticipate the next question from the examiner. as i said before he/she will go through it section by section so oyu sohuld always know roughly what they will ask about next.

Another thing:

they will be interested to check with you how recent each debt is. generally speaking the further in the past each debt is the better.

the more you can show that your debts are for what would be termed essential items the better.

if, like me, you have lost any money gambling be sure it i s on the form, particularly if it is on a telephone account or online account.

be wary that if you have a car the examiner will want to know if you need it for work or important reasons as opposed to social purposes, even if it is worth less than £2500.

be completely upfront and things will go well.
Go to Top of Page

debtrider

494 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  14:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello turborat.

Worrying about the interview is just normal. Just try and keep calm and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Just answer the questions that the OR needs to know and leave it at that would be my advice. Most of what you wrote in you SOA I think will determine what kind of questions the OR will ask.

I'm sure it will not be as bad as you think it is going to be.Let us know tomorrow if I am right.

All the best

debtrider

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  14:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI TR

Apart from what Pix has said just try and chill out. If you can try not to think about it, i know its hard. Make sure that you both know what your saying about, be honest but dont dig yourself a hole. They will ask just what you have written on your SoA and so keep to that, make notes of what you may want to ask and also make notes about anything whilst on the phone.

They will pause a lot as they have to write stuff down but dont worry thats all part of the call.

Once that bit is over the fresh start can really begin, do let us know how it all goes though and i know i will be thnking about u both tom so take care and dont worry.

LOL

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

turborat

289 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  18:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the coments guys.

I am quickly going to go through the forms with my wife tonight just to go over a couple of things especially the expenditure part then try and forget about it untill tomorrow. We will both have a copy of our forms with us.

I will post up tomorrow night with our feelings.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

dazed and confused

United Kingdom
475 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  19:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with everything tomorrow Turborat! I hope it all goes well.
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  19:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TR

Just wanted to add my good luck wishes for tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on.

Jenny

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page