Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Type 0 debtor???????????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  21:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some may know I am puzzled as to why I have not been interviewed. Just found this quote on Government site

"In type 0 debtor's petition bankruptcy cases, no interview will be carried out."

Anyone know where I can find more info on Type 0.Never heard of that before.

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  21:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, just answered my own Q.
Read below if interested:

From Government website:
There are three types of debtor petition case which are:

type 0 – no interview

type 1 - short interview ( up to one hour)

type 2 - all other cases

vi Debtor’s petition type 0

In a type 0 case no interview need take place. On reviewing the case papers the examiner has decided that there is no more essential information to be gathered and that the necessary recommendations can be made and instructions given without any need to contact the bankrupt.

Where an interview does not take place, examiners must ensure that where assets are to be realised or exempted the appropriate letter is sent by either the examiner or the case officer, depending on office policy. This will ensure that the bankrupt is aware in a timely fashion of how the bankruptcy will affect certain assets. For example, if a motor vehicle is to be exempted the examiner is still required to ascertain the reason for exemption and this may result in some cases, which otherwise would have been type 0 cases, becoming type 1 cases, albeit the contact time with the bankrupt will be brief. The same principle also applies when dealing with the IPA assessment. Likewise there must be sufficient detail relating to liabilities within the case papers, to enable notices/report to creditors (RTCs) etc. to be sent to creditors. In type 0 cases information should only be sought from the bankrupt on the identified matter(s).

vii Debtor’s petition type 1

Unless it is clear from the review that a case will be a type 0 or 2, the examiner will view it as a type 1. In type1 cases it is envisaged that the interview will normally take no longer than an hour either by telephone or face to face. A telephone/court interview record form (TCIR) must be used in order to focus on the key issues and can also be completed as part of the initial review in order to assess where there are ‘gaps’ in the key information. The TCIR will serve as a record of the further information obtained covering the areas of service of form NTB2, assets, income payments agreement assessment, reason for the insolvency, other relevant information, documents to be provided within 7 days and the examiners evaluation of the case.
Based on this information the examiner will give instructions to the case officer to continue with the administration of the case via LOIS (CA08).

viii Debtor’s petition type 2

A type 2 case will include all trading cases, second time (or more) bankrupts and any other case which the examiner believes is likely to result in further investigation based on the information available during the initial review. These types of cases are more likely to be dealt with at face-to-face interview.

In a type 2 case completion of the TCIR is optional and the examiner may record the interview in other formats such as bullet point notes or narrative statement. Given the nature of type 2 cases these would normally be allocated to B3 examiners to conduct the interview.

Instructions will be given to continue/complete the administration on the case via LOIS (CA08).

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  21:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So now you can put your mind at rest;-)

Night night Hon!

LOL

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!

Edited by - Needafriend on 02 December 2008 21:55:48
Go to Top of Page

dazed and confused

United Kingdom
475 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  22:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am guessing that is great news then! Congratulations TD!
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  22:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think so!
But.........I have been a bad girl.
Hubby and I split 8 weeks ago and I havent told them.

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  07:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TD

Tell them when you feel its right. U never know as your case was an easy one u may be eligable for an ED, then you wont have to worry about it.

Take care mate

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page