Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Working Out Salary for I&E Agency staff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shazzag76
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2009 :  21:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am currently a supply teacher. I have been very lucky and have picked up a maternity cover for the lst 3 months, which has now unfortunately ended. As yr 11 have now left school the staff generally have slack in their timetables that means that schools do not rely as heavily on agency staff, this unfortunately means less work for me.
I am sorting out my bankruptcy this week, but i am worried about how they will work out my income to calculate a potential IPA. Other posts have said that they work out the last 3 months average wage and use that, but in my position that would not be practical. Also i am unable to earn a wage from the teaching agency over the 7 weeks summer holidays, and work is very thin on the ground in Sept, Nov as teachers are generally refreshed from their summer break and generally absence in these 2 months is less than other times in the year.
Also, the agency have said that a percentage (they will not give me an exact figure) of my daily rate is holiday pay, so will that be taken into account by the OR?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Sharon

Blackie
forum expert

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2009 :  18:04:30  Show Profile  Visit Blackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If your empoyment was continuing, then it is ikely that the OR will use 3 monts salary as your average wage. However as your income will decrease dramtically, you must put down on the Statement of Affairs your current income and expenditre. The ORcan only take moneyip from you that you have. No disposable income, no IPA.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page