Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Endless phone calls!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LadyJay
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2009 :  21:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed my first payments for my loans and cc's 3 weeks ago as I'm frantically saving for my court fees to go BR. The only trouble is EVERY single day since I have been hounded by Barclays and Halifax (up to 8 calls a day from each! From 8.30am-9pm.) asking where there money is. I expected some calls but surely this is harassment?! Should I just write to them and tell them that I shall be going BR in the next 2months?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

jelojo

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2009 :  21:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there

I had exactly the same, and even got them phoning me at work (that was after 3 months though)!!

I changed my phone number in the end as i was having to leave phone unplugged and couldn't use a phone i was paying for!! It did the trick!!

I know now the only person phoning is my mum now, I can relax!!
Go to Top of Page

jelojo

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2009 :  21:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ps. I let al of my creditors know that i was planning on going bankrupt but they still continued to phone before changing my number!
Go to Top of Page

LadyJay
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2009 :  21:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jelojo! I really wasnt expecting this many calls until at least 2 or 3 months of failing payments and I wasnt expecting calls so early in the morning or late at night. Defo going to change my number then!

Did you get any responses from your creditors once you had written to them? Is it worth writing to them?

Go to Top of Page

jim_h

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2009 :  10:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they wont go on for ever i haven't heard from any of my creditors since last Christmas as am on a four day week only have enough money for bare essentials told them if things change will be in contact cant give any money if you haven't got any spare
Go to Top of Page

jelojo

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2009 :  18:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi

I didnt write to them, I let them know when i phoned to get details of when i took credit out with them for the br forms!! So phoned them all and told them but that night i was still receiving phone calls!!

My post is full every day now though from letters but thats so much better than the phone calls!!
Go to Top of Page

mick1972a

235 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2009 :  21:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never told my creditors about my intention to go BR, some of them had not been paid for about 6 month upto my BR in April. The calls were annoying so I ended up changing my phone number.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  15:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have internet banking with any of them, you can try going into that and making up fictitious numbers so they can't contact you.

Another one is to either refuse to confirm your details, or deliberately get them wrong. They can't continue the conversation if you do that.

Or change your phone number.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

LadyJay
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2009 :  19:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again for all your responses..having received another 16 calls today I now have a new sim that is going in my phone first thing tomorrow morning! Letters I can put up with, 16 phone calls a day I cant!

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2009 :  20:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too right - no one should have to put up with that.

Enjoy the silence!

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

nicdavies75

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2009 :  20:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in the same situation, so annoying! We have caller ID on our phone, so we can usually tell if its one of the banks ringing, and just ignore it. Does stop around 9pm though, so a bit of peace! trouble is some have my mobile number, so as soon as the house phone stops ringing, my mobile goes, usually within 10 secs, then if they dont get a reply, they leave a message on my voicemail. I've wrote to the creditors, but it dont do anything! I'll be glad when all this is over - feeling so stressed at the moment!!

Edited by - nicdavies75 on 16 July 2009 20:13:08
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  08:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is so annoying isn't it? I changed my mobile number when I upgraded my phone last time. Beforehand, I just changed my ringtone to my message tone so that when I was at work, people just thought it was a text I was receiving, so I could safely ignore it.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

WT71
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  17:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem. I found this template below on the net which I sent to the consistent callers. To date it has worked!!

I am writing to you to inform that I formally request all communications to me are made in writing. I do not want any further telephone calls made to me in any form. I advised your company verbally last week that should you continue to harass me I will take further action.

To continue to contact me by telephone after I have requested you not to constitutes harassment. I require all future communications in writing for future Court use. Do not
telephone me again – remove any telephone numbers you hold for me from your systems.

Your telephone calls are in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines. If you continue with them after the receipt of this letter, a further official complaint, together with a log recording the times and frequency will be passed both to that office and to Trading Standards, For your information, all telephone calls have been taped and electronically logged. For clarity and avoidance of doubt, below is a list of times and dates that you have contacted me via telephone-

I THEN HAVE LISTED (DATE AND TIME) EVERY CALL MADE TO ME

This type of debt collection method is contrary to the ‘Administration of Justice Act 1970’. In that it is intended to cause alarm and distress to the
recipient. Your methods will not be tolerated. A formal complaint to the relevant authorities will be made.

Take further notice that continued telephone calls after receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003. Continued phone calls to my place of work constitute an offence under the Data Protection Act.

I trust I have made myself understood on this matter.
Go to Top of Page

nicdavies75

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  20:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks good, what site did you get that from? - do you get letters now? And did that make things worse?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page