Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi My husband went bankrupt on 5th may 09 please help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sammy555
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  21:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi My husband went bankrupt on 5th may 09
due to a failed business he is a partner in.
The official reciever has valued his car at £7000 without seeing it because its and audi
he is going to take it next week and leave my husband without transport to get to work?
i have spoken to the OR but he doesn't care and is taking it to auction. The car won't make £7000 as auction due to the scratchs and poor interior. (he's a builder)
i own a car valued around £4500 would it be possible to offer the OR mine so my husband can keep his audi for his work? only problem is mine is registered in my hubby's name but it is mine and has my disability tax on it? (will didn't tell them about this one) please help

FreshStart
Starting Member

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  22:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello... I am no expert but based from what I read in the forum, any car that is valued at more than 2K is going to be ceased by the OR to make some payments to your creditors... and if am not mistaken the OR will give you back 2K from the sale to buy another car if it is really needed for work. Like I said, am not sure so hopefully an expert can help you.
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2009 :  06:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OR is only dealing with your husband's debts/creditors so it is his property that she will want. If the car is valued at more than £2k then the OR will want it even if it doesn't make this much at auction.

After selling the car the OR will give your husband £2k to purchase a new car for work.

You need to be careful about the other car that is registered in your husband's name. I am not sure if the OR checks with the DVLA for any vehicles registered to the person that is BR but if they do you could be in trouble.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page