Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Would I have heard by now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2009 :  22:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Debtinfo,

We're 10 months in now and haven't heard anything at all yet. Does it sound quite positive?? All we had was our first telephone interview, when we were told our circumstances 'didn't make great reading'. A BRU was then mentioned, but only when we asked what the worst was that could happen to us. We've heard nothing since apart from the IPA stuff etc.

Can we sleep easy yet??! :-)

Thanks again,

C. x
Go to Top of Page

timstott
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  12:37:01  Show Profile  Visit timstott's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by debtinfo

Hi sorry if my earlier post was ambiguous.
1)it is standard practice for a second interview to take place if seeking a BRO/BRU although not compulsory.
2)When i say 9 months this is the latest that the process would normally start so that it has time to go throught the court system before the year is up.
3)The bit about it taking longer in certain circumstances is about exceptional circumstances where the OR could not reasonably have submitted the report on time. For instance, if 1 week before discharge someone wrote to the OR stating that the Bankrupt had transgressed in some way that was not alraedy known then the OR could ask the court for more time to investigate and submit a report.

[blue]Tim Stott

**Contact details removed as only experts are allowed to advertise**

Edited by - Skippy on 09 July 2009 14:34:42
Go to Top of Page

timstott
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  12:40:36  Show Profile  Visit timstott's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by timstott

quote:
Originally posted by debtinfo

Hi sorry if my earlier post was ambiguous.
1)it is standard practice for a second interview to take place if seeking a BRO/BRU although not compulsory.
2)When i say 9 months this is the latest that the process would normally start so that it has time to go throught the court system before the year is up.
3)The bit about it taking longer in certain circumstances is about exceptional circumstances where the OR could not reasonably have submitted the report on time. For instance, if 1 week before discharge someone wrote to the OR stating that the Bankrupt had transgressed in some way that was not alraedy known then the OR could ask the court for more time to investigate and submit a report.

[blue]Tim Stott

[blue]Tim Stott

Edited by - Skippy on 09 July 2009 14:34:21
Go to Top of Page

timstott
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  12:42:57  Show Profile  Visit timstott's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all
If you want the definative on BRO/BRU I can email you a leaflet on this subject
Cheers
Tim

[blue]Tim Stott

Edited by - Skippy on 09 July 2009 14:30:09
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim,

Although you're not allowed to advertise on here, if you do know the definitive answer to my questions, you could post them on here for us. This would be a great help. :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Answers can be posted, contact details can't on either of the two sister forums.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And if someone does have the answer to this question it would be great as I know it's something that worried me.

I was told that if I hadn't heard 6 weeks before my BR date then it was highly unlikely that I would get a BRU.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

24 IPA payments made, 12 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Skippy,

It seems it's one of those questions nobody's really sure of-I'd love to be able to sleep easy now. I know it's not usually much to worry about for most people, but our circumstances mean a BRU would have quite a big impact (negative of course!) on our lives, so here's hoping someone can put me out of my misery!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're nearly there now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't here anything x

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks hon,

You're well into your IPA now too-2/3 of the way through-how fab!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe how quickly it's gone. I don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to next June!

Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  16:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skippy13

I was told that if I hadn't heard 6 weeks before my discharge date then it was highly unlikely that I would get a BRU.

That would make sense as the OR has to inform you of the court date 6 weeks in advance and you would need to have the BRU/O implemented before you are discharged.

Edited by - gettingoutofdebt on 09 July 2009 16:50:34
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2009 :  13:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks,

So do we think this is the definitive answer, basically?

In most cases you would have heard 6 weeks before AD, as if not, the OR would have to apply to suspend discharge, which would only happen in exceptional circumstances.

Odd that people talk of having to hear by 9 months in though. I've also hear people saying the OR has to have applied by 10 weeks prior to AD. Weird how these 'rumours' start and then get spread like chinese whispers! Hehe.

Anyway thanks again. Let's hope I don't hear in the next 2 and a half weeks as by then I'll be at the 6 weeks to AD stage!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2009 :  18:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi the bit about the 9 months is that the Official Receivers have an internal body (an auditer if you wish) that all BRO/U applications have to be authorised by called the Authorisation team. The innitial process should be started by 9 months in that the examiner must submit the application to them who either ask for ammendments or give the go ahead for contact with the bankrupt/court to go ahead.
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2009 :  18:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, but people can hear about their BRU/O as late as when, in your opinion? So they have to put it to the Authorisation team within 9 months, and surely people should hear about it fairly soon after that to give them the option to accept or contest it before court and then discharge?

Hmmm...I don't think I'll rest easy on this one till discharge day-it's all too confusing! :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page