Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Unemployed and need to BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  19:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question,
I had already picked up the BR forms from the court a few months back when i came to the point that I knew there was no return , but i was then made redundant and now I am left wondering how i should fill out the I&E part of the forms as i am looking for a new job daily ?????
Just about had enough last week and had to go and see the Dr's , how was quite concerned about my mental state and has now put me on anti depressants ??
If anyone could let me know how to sort this form out i would be very happy as i feel like i have just sailed off with no paddle !!!!
Also have credit cards ringing all the time now and i just can't give what i have not got !!One of them wants to take me to court now :o(

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi NeilH,

It sounds like you need to draw a line and start a fresh sooner rather than later. Regarding the telephone calls, why not answer and ask if they can hold a minute - go off and make a cup of tea, and watch a bit of TV. They soon get fed up, because after all they dont want to waste time or money waiting on the other end of the phone

Regarding your application for BR, why have you not completed online?

visit the following site: https://www.insolvencydirect.gov.uk/isolv

You can then complete your application online, save it and make changes as and when. If one of your creditors is wanting to take you to court, I would do this sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by neilh1497

I have a question,
I had already picked up the BR forms from the court a few months back when i came to the point that I knew there was no return , but i was then made redundant and now I am left wondering how i should fill out the I&E part of the forms as i am looking for a new job daily ?????
Just about had enough last week and had to go and see the Dr's , how was quite concerned about my mental state and has now put me on anti depressants ??
If anyone could let me know how to sort this form out i would be very happy as i feel like i have just sailed off with no paddle !!!!
Also have credit cards ringing all the time now and i just can't give what i have not got !!One of them wants to take me to court now :o(

Treat EVERY Penny as a prisoner.
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that , i have to be honest i have let things get on top of me and find that i can't see the wood for the trees.
It feels like the last couple of months since i finished work has been some sort of sick nightmare !!!
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing to remember is your not alone in feeling like that. Sites like this are good to let of steam - especially as you remain anonymous.

There is a lot of good help available on this site, and as such you can ask questions and someone will no doubt have the answer.

I would add however, that if you have stopped payments to your creditors, and they are now chasing you, you really do need to push on with your BR petition - the courts are very busy at moment, as one post mentioned, and it could be another 10 plus weeks before you are given an appointment.

quote:

Thanks for that , i have to be honest i have let things get on top of me and find that i can't see the wood for the trees.
It feels like the last couple of months since i finished work has been some sort of sick nightmare !!!

Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to do something now !!!!!!
I must have had 10 calls while i have been online and can't take much more.
Following your post i have just started to fill out the forms online , are there any pros and cons to doing this ?????
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just going through some of the questions and i don't know what to put for date incurred on my credit cards ?????
Go to Top of Page

Srrs
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neil H,

You have to go for it if its the right thing for you. Took me 3 months to make the decision I finally went to court last thursday and i have OR interview tomorrow. Already feel better.

Leading up to BR i didnt pay my creditors in order to save for my fees and some of them drove me mad!! I told all of them that I was going BR and some companies can stop calls for 2 weeks which gives you a bit of a break. If that fails dont answer it.

Good luck with everything. Post any questions on here, everyone is so helpful and I couldnt have done it without them.

Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2009 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi NeilH,

The date incurred would be when you first started to use the card. I have found having a copy of my credit file from Experian and Equifax is a good tool, as this shows the date when the account went live, and of course when date incurred.

Dont get to hung up about dates, as the OR will gather the correct info from your creditors.

Good luck.
quote:

Just going through some of the questions and i don't know what to put for date incurred on my credit cards ?????

Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  10:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tryin to finish the forms but what do i put in the i&e as i am now unemployed and getting help with the rent and things ????
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  11:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The I&E doesn't have to tally up so you can put down your benefit income and then the amount the rent, utility bills, etc.

If you live with other people (wife, girlfriend, house share, etc.) then you will need to put down the contribution they make to the outgoings.

Try not to worry too much about the SOA form. It is not set in stone and there is no problem if you make an honest mistake and enter the incorrect interview. When you have your OR interview you will go through most of the form then so changes can be made.
Go to Top of Page

Whatamess
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  17:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neil,
I have been in a similar position in April. I did the forms on line, just put what you can, I couldnt remember start dates so just guessed at 5 years ago, the OR was quite happy with this as they will discuss in detail at a later stage. Just be completely honest on the forms and tell everything. I typed a 5 page report detailing how I came to declaring BR and took that to me with the papers to court and it was sent to the OR. The court told me it could take 6 weeks but told them I was desperate and they got me in the following week so maybe try that. I went BR last Monday and had my OR interview today which went so much easier than I thought. The one thing I really learnt from this forum is be completely open and honest. You would be amazed how many people are in similar situations to you, even worse and it really helps to talk them through, this supported by the professional advice made the whole process so much easier. Looking back all I can say is get it done as soon as, I had the calls and letters as you are doing, they nearly drove me insane. Once I had my papers all sorted I just ignored them all. You will find the OR actually a great help and while its difficult to see the light now you will get through this hard period. Stick with it, try not to panic and like others have said use this site for support.
If there is anything I can help with from my recent experience I will.
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  18:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back again !!!!!
I am just about to fill n the assets part of the form , do i need to put everything i own in this part ????
E.g. TV , sofa , dvds , kitchen equipment or are there just certain things that i need to put down ????
Any help would be great , can't belive i am feeling so nervous just filling the damn forms out !!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  20:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers , i have been going around the house trying to work out what to put down !!!!!!!
I have nothing of value , an 3yr old pc , cars worth about £600 and our tv was second hand !!
Anyway i am now going onto the I&E section again !!!!!!
Is there any sort of list or anything that can be used to find out what can be claimed for ?????
Christ i know the Dr said the pills would make me anxious but this is gettin stupid , but i want to get the forms done and dusted .
Cheers for all the help folks
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  20:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neil,

Here is a listing from Skippy, who is a regular poster on IVA.co.uk, and who went bankrupt - worth having a look at Skippys blog: http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/2007/04/

Here is what the OR allowed me in my income and expenditure. I have no children and live in a one bedroom flat with my partner:

Rent / Mortgage - £200.00 (Mortgage is solely in my partner’s name and this is less than half)
Electricity - £25.00 (This is half of the monthly bill and we have no gas)
Mobile phone - £35.00 (Contract with Vodafone)
TV Licence - £6.00 (Approximately half)
Council Tax - £50.00 (This is just under half)
Food - £350.00 (For 2 people - I pay for all the food)
Clothing - £40.00
Hairdressing - £10.00
Car Insurance - £30.00
Petrol - £100.00
Car Maintenance - £50.00
Breakdown Cover - £10.00
Car Tax - £10.00 (I’ve got a Vauxhall Corsa so quite cheap)
Incidentals - £50.00
Holidays, Christmas, Birthdays etc - £50.00
Contact Lenses - £10.00
Medical - £25.00

quote:

Cheers , i have been going around the house trying to work out what to put down !!!!!!!
I have nothing of value , an 3yr old pc , cars worth about £600 and our tv was second hand !!
Anyway i am now going onto the I&E section again !!!!!!
Is there any sort of list or anything that can be used to find out what can be claimed for ?????
Christ i know the Dr said the pills would make me anxious but this is gettin stupid , but i want to get the forms done and dusted .
Cheers for all the help folks

Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2009 :  12:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do not list any household items, I didn't, even though I had bought a sofa from my catalogue, naughty I know but we were desperate and needed one, the OR never mentioned it! We have got computers and games consoles but I did not list these.

The main asset I had was a private number plate so I listed that but as it was not worth all that much, I got to keep it in the end.

also I had a very small amount of premium bonds that I handed over to the OR, I did not want to pay to keep them so they were no great loss

oh, and unplug your phone or change the number, you do not need this hassle

Edited by - Jane.l on 22 October 2009 12:08:35
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2009 :  12:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Neil H,

I am not able to add much to the posts already made save as to empathise with you on the state of mind - it will get better, but equally, there will be days when you feel that the world is caving in and that is when this forum is so great.

I have suffered with my mental health - I had a breakdown and am on anti - depressants - I think most of that are in BR or are considering it feel the same - there is no shame in being BR and we are at a time where there have never been so many so relax, (I know...), but at least have some comfort that you are not alone and things will get better - good days and some bad ones - when you are at a low ebb - look to this forum its experts are great and some of the experiences show that many people are in the same boat!

I too suggest that if you have a landline and are being bombarded with calls at morning, noon and night, that you change the number and go ex directory - it will give you space from these parasites that make the calls and will cost you nothing to do it - emphasise ex directory, or they will find you!

Good luck - thoughts are with yu and yours, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page