Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Unemployed and need to BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2009 :  12:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neil,

As housing quite rightly states there are many people in the same situation as you - in fact this forum is the tip of the iceberg. So many more people will sit on the fence, and read posts of this nature and never register or contribute.

Good luck, and keep us informed of your journey.

Treat EVERY Penny as a prisoner.
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2009 :  19:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks folks , i now realise i am not alone.
I think the whole thing has just built up on me without me knowing it , losing my job has hit me harder than i could have ever thought and with the debts as well its just got on top of me, the ironic thing is that i have had insurance on my cards for years and now i need to use it there are only a couple that are willing to make the claim easy !!!!! So that was all money down the pan in the end anyway !!!!!!!!!
I am trying to get through the forms as fast as i can online and hope to get them all done by tomorrow night.
I hope the OR will not look to badly on me when they find out i will have used my overdraft to pay the fee's ?????Come to think of it that should be the least of their worries as i have used cards to pay cards for some time !!!!
I just hope it won't get to much worse before it starts to get better ?????
Thanks folks again ( and i mean it )
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2009 :  20:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have another question about the forms ?????
When you are filling in your creditors and they ask what the debt was for....
Most of my recent debt has been paying cards with cards by drawing out the cash and paying another card ,what on earth shall i put ????
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2009 :  20:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NeilH,

You put down consolidation as the reason. Do not worry about using credit to pay credit. That is just one stage you go through before realising you have a debt problem, and the OR will recognise this.
With regards to paying your BR fee by use of your overdraft, I would refrain from mentioning this to the OR.

You could always ask if they will take a credit card to cover the BR fee, before cutting it up

quote:
Originally posted by neilh1497

I have another question about the forms ?????
When you are filling in your creditors and they ask what the debt was for....
Most of my recent debt has been paying cards with cards by drawing out the cash and paying another card ,what on earth shall i put ????

Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  08:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bankruptcy fees have to be paid in cash, the courts do not accept cards (or they didn't last time I checked)

Don't worry about using the overdraft, we used ours for 2 lots of fees, the OR never said anything even though I suppose it is not really the moral thing to do, you could always say the overdraft was used for "living expenses"
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  09:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well like or not this is the ONLY way i can get the money to do it and as i feel at the moment i would rather get a roasting off the OR than stay the way i am !!!!!!!!
90% through the online forms now so hope to finish them tonight !!!
Once i have finished them do i need to make a date with the court or is this automatic ????????
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  14:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Make a date with your local court:
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/

That was a tongue in cheek remark Jane regarding the use of Credit Cards to pay for the BR fees
quote:

Well like or not this is the ONLY way i can get the money to do it and as i feel at the moment i would rather get a roasting off the OR than stay the way i am !!!!!!!!
90% through the online forms now so hope to finish them tonight !!!
Once i have finished them do i need to make a date with the court or is this automatic ????????

Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  19:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol , got the gag but thought they may want a cheque with card instead !!!!!!!!!!!
Starting to feel a bit more positive about things today , but that can change day to day with the damn tablets.
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  20:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to keep on with the questions , if i call the court on monday then submit my online forms will that be ok ?????
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  11:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neil,

Call the court on Monday, and print off your online forms to take to your court appointment. DO NOT SIGN THEM YET

quote:

Sorry to keep on with the questions , if i call the court on monday then submit my online forms will that be ok ?????

Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  19:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that , it's still very daunting !!!!!
Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  10:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well , i have called the court this morning and now have a date , 11th november !!!!!
Now i am really fretting !!!!!!!
God just want this over with now , my head is buzzing with things
Once again thanks for the help folks and i will keep you posted on how i get on , i dare say there will be some more questions as i have to sort out the very last bit's on my online forms yet !!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  14:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neil

good luck for the 11th

the court buildings can be quite scarry if you have not been to one before.

most courts have a coffee shop or public area if you have the time go into the court a few days before and have a nose around, i would suggest doing so as it may calm some of the apprehension.

to confuse it further in some courts you do not even need to see a judge or go into a court room, my wife went into a private room and all the court official did was check the info,swear an affradavid collected the money asked a few simple questions about the completed forms, the court clerk made my wife sit around for 45 mins and then brought over her bankruptcy paperwork.

if you feel brave enough on your rekkie visit take a friend and ask them to ask the clerk about local court procedure

good luck keep us all posted with your progress

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  16:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NeilH,

Well the end is in sight - good luck for the 11th November, and keep us all posted on your journey. As Richard states, have a visit to your local court, and get a feel for things.

Gd luck and keep posting.
quote:

Well , i have called the court this morning and now have a date , 11th november !!!!!
Now i am really fretting !!!!!!!
God just want this over with now , my head is buzzing with things
Once again thanks for the help folks and i will keep you posted on how i get on , i dare say there will be some more questions as i have to sort out the very last bit's on my online forms yet !!!!!

Go to Top of Page

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  19:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be sure to let you all know how i get on the 11th , this has been a hard choice but looking back now one i should have made a long time ago !!!!!
The one thing that i am looking forward to is being able to apply for a job again and not have to worry if it will cover my debts , as long as we have food on the table and a roof over our heads anything else can wait.
Prob be back with more questions soon...
Thanks again everybody
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page